Marine Well Containment Company (MWCC) is an independent company with headquarters in Houston, Texas. Since 2011, MWCC has been the leader in well containment in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico; providing well containment equipment and technology. The organization is continuously ready to respond with dedicated equipment, a capable organization and the robust training necessary to mount an effective response.
Position Overview & Responsibilities
The Facilities Engineer is accountable for engineering, maintenance and reliability services in support of Marine Well Containment Company (MWCC) assets. This person will collaborate with Operations in supporting the inspection, testing, maintenance, and repair activities of all MWCC equipment stored both at the MCV (Modular Capture Vessel) and SURF (Subsea, Umbilical, Riser, Flowline) shore bases and other designated vendor/contractor locations. This position will interface heavily with the maintenance group, with a focus on facilities management, to advise on maintenance and preservation philosophies that drive integrity and sustainability of topsides production equipment while keeping the equipment operating at a safe level. This position will also take the lead in project and technical execution of production equipment driven projects for the enhancement of MCV equipment to accommodate Member Company future operational requirements.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Planning, executing, and delivery, of topsides production equipment projects and maintenance strategies while managing multiple contractors, cost and schedule.
- Provide subject matter expertise, to the organization, in maintenance, reliability and condition based monitoring strategies topsides production equipment and apply them to drive continuous improvement of existing maintenance plans.
- Strong communication skills with maintenance staff to incorporate operational feedback with sound engineering practices to drive equipment maintenance and preservation philosophies
- Ensuring all project engineering activities are implemented in a manner consistent with MWCC Operations Excellence System (OES).
- Providing technical oversight of engineering design and/or work as an individual contributor for detailed design on standard design packages.
- Development of bid specifications, contractor/vendor identification and screening, including technical and commercial bid evaluations.
- Coordination of project status and technical design reviews with key stakeholders and internal engineering resources to ensure alignment with project scope.
- Proactively identifying and capturing lessons learned and knowledge share opportunities across the organization.
- Conduct or attend technical reviews of existing MWCC equipment to identify potential future equipment upgrades and/or maintenance/preservation strategies.
- Participate in technical workshops with member companies to discuss system enhancements and the application of new technologies to MWCCs core business.
- Witness equipment FATs and assist in equipment testing as required through the review of test equipment set up.
- Participate in HAZID/HAZOPs as required for existing and future equipment. Ensure risks register items with operational mitigations are tracked and closed prior to handover and integration of equipment into MWCC’s existing response assets.
- Support technical input and review of contractual services and long-term support needed for MWCC equipment.
- Conduct Member Company technical training sessions on MWCC subsea and topsides equipment.
Response Specific Responsibilities
- Work as a member of the MWCC Emergency Response Organization in the event of activation, or preparations/drills in response to a well control incident and perform job duties commensurate with your assigned role.
- Participate, as required, in Incident Management Team (IMT) trainings and drills.
- Provide technical production equipment support for interim and extended flowback operations to Member Companies/Responsible Party as an Advisor during RP drills and response activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (Other engineering/technical degrees will be considered depending on the experience of the individual)
- Fundamental understanding of pumps, valves, pneumatic/hydraulic systems, heat exchangers, separators and other applicable facilities and production equipment.
- Minimum of 7 years of industry experience with 5+ years of direct experience in discipline or project engineering
- Experience using core project management skills including milestone, budget, and schedule tracking
- Computer proficient (able to perform the skill with limited assistance) including Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, project, other databases, and SAP
- Has a strong results orientation and personal accountability
- Is a team player and has a collaborative working style
- Exhibits strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Displays innovation with a curiosity and openness to new ideas
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
- Maintains effectiveness in a changing environment
- Visibly demonstrate the values of safety, integrity, and excellence
- Project experience on small/medium capex projects specific to topsides production equipment.
- Prior oil and gas industry engineering experience with project management specific to subsea equipment and/or topside production equipment.
- Prior experience in process design of offshore oil and gas facilities.
- Prior experience with regulatory bodies specific to operating facilities and safety systems.
Location: Houston, TX
Travel: 15% (Domestic)
Office Based Job
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb stairs, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms close to and overhead of their body. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds.
Marine Well Containment Company provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.