Director, Information Technology
Director, Information Technology
Marine Well Containment Company (MWCC) is an independent company with headquarters in Houston, Texas. Since 2011, MWCC has been the leader in well containment in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico; providing well containment equipment and technology. The organization is continuously ready to respond with dedicated equipment, a capable organization and the robust training necessary to mount an effective response.
Position Overview & Responsibilities
The Director, Information Technology (IT) is responsible for providing strategic and thought leadership expertise for the IT function. The Director, IT applies strong business acumen skills, has experience in managing technology-driven initiatives, and has the ability to strategize and implement IT objectives to achieve desired business results. The Director, IT is accountable for understanding MWCC’s business requirements and demands based on its daily operations in order to provide the necessary IT services and effectively manage the IT function. This includes the planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluating vendor operations and performance. The Director, IT manages the development and monitoring of service level agreements and the development of resolution plans and interventions. The Director, IT will oversee the IT operations and maintain policies and procedures for IT systems development, deployment, maintenance, and change management, as well as interact with MWCC’s member companies and contractors to establish and align MWCC’s IT standards. This position has a strong focus on delivery and stability and closely collaborates with all business units of the organization.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Work as a member of the MWCC Emergency Response Organization on an as needed basis in the event of activation, or preparations/drills for same, in response to a well control incident and perform job duties commensurate with your assigned role.
- IT Customer Relationship Management: Effectively collaborate with other functions of the business to ensure a thorough understanding of the business requirements and demands, enabling the coordination and management of the business expectations of IT, as well as business and IT vendor interactions.
- Response Management Team: In a response serve as the Communications Unit Lead on the Response Management Team coordinating communications and information availability for member and non-member companies. Responsible for definition of IT requirements and security to enable communication and information sharing with member and non-member companies in the event of an incident.
- Operations & Maintenance / Operations Readiness & Assurance: Establish a reliable support organization for the Operations & Maintenance group by ensuring the most effective use of crucial applications (SAP, DMS).
- IT Architecture: Drive enterprise architecture and technology innovation across IT organization by defining IT system requirements and information security standards, as well as architecting high level solutions tailored to effectively meet MWCC needs.
- IT Infrastructure: Provide guidance to leadership team on IT infrastructure best practices surrounding application management, network configuration, security management, and hardware and software recommendations. Maintain and support IT infrastructure elements and interfaces.
- IT Portfolio Management: Plan and maintain IT portfolio pipeline by actively being a part of business-driven discussions and identifying corresponding IT initiatives as required. Ensure projects are properly prioritized with business stakeholders. Manage projects to ensure on time delivery of new solutions by overseeing IT systems development, managing new releases, driving the change request process, and incorporating relevant changes.
- IT Service Management: Manage efficient delivery of IT services and escalated IT Helpdesk requests through vendor management and continuous service improvement.
- IT Vendor Management: Strategically select vendor services, manage vendor activities, monitor IT vendor performance, and resolving vendor issues.
- General IT Management: Responsible for developing and maintaining IT project and annual operational budget, IT reporting, and enforcing IT policies and procedures. Reinforce continuous collaboration and respectful communication between all functions by promoting strong, positive, and productive work relationships through the commitment to MWCC’s values and mission.
- Information Management: Drive information management improvements. Responsible for Document Management operations.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in MIS or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years of IT Vendor Management experience
- PMP Certified
- Experience with software licensing, hardware procurement, and outsourcing (including offshore) agreements
- Experience managing network administrators, IT helpdesk, or server and system administrators
- Experience with and knowledge of network configuration and management, as well as security management
- Experience working with SAP (MM, PM, FI) and document management systems
- Has an understanding of system configurations, functionalities, and capabilities
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure elements and application dependencies
- Confident and able to operate in a high-pressure environment with ability to establish and adhere to set deadlines
- Demonstrated history of attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel spreadsheet modeling skills
- Has a strong results orientation and personal accountability
- Is a team player and has a collaborative working style
- Exhibits strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Displays innovation with a curiosity and openness to new ideas
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
- Maintains effectiveness in a changing environment
- Visibly demonstrate the values of safety, integrity and excellence
- Exhibits relationship and partnership building skills through building appropriate rapport, using diplomacy and tact, and gaining cooperation from others
- Inspires, motivates, and guides others towards goals that achieve results
- Influences others to translate vision into action
- Experience developing and executing IT policies and processes in oil and gas industry
- Familiarity with application management and managing change requests is a plus
- MBA a plus
Location: Houston, TX
Travel: 10 – 15%
Office Based Job
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb stairs, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms close to and overhead of their body. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds.
Marine Well Containment Company provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.