The Facilities Engineer is accountable for engineering, maintenance and reliability services in support of Marine Well Containment Company (MWCC) assets. This person will collaborate with Operations in supporting the inspection, testing, maintenance, and repair activities of all MWCC equipment stored both at the MCV (Modular Capture Vessel) and SURF (Subsea, Umbilical, Riser, Flowline) shore bases and other designated vendor/contractor locations. This position will interface heavily with the maintenance group to manage maintenance and preservation philosophies that drive integrity and sustainability of our equipment to keep the equipment operating at a safe level.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Not limited to)
• Work as a member of the MWCC Emergency Response Organization on an as needed basis in the event of activation, or preparations/drills for same, in response to a well control incident and perform job duties commensurate with your assigned role.
• Planning, executing, and delivery of maintenance strategies while managing multiple contractors, cost and schedule.
• Provide subject matter expertise, in maintenance, reliability and condition-based monitoring strategies and apply them to drive continuous improvement of existing maintenance plans.
• Strong communication skills with maintenance staff to incorporate operational feedback with sound engineering practices to drive equipment maintenance and preservation philosophies
• Development of equipment specifications, contractor/vendor identification and screening, including technical and commercial bid evaluations.
• Proactively identifying and capturing lessons learned and knowledge share opportunities across the organization.
• Conduct or attend technical reviews of existing MWCC equipment to identify potential future equipment upgrades and/or maintenance/preservation strategies.
• Participate in technical workshops with member companies to discuss system enhancements and the application of new technologies to MWCCs core business.
• Witness equipment FATs and assist in equipment testing as required through the review of test equipment set up.
• Participate in HAZID/HAZOPs as required for existing and future equipment. Ensure risks register items with operational mitigations are tracked and closed prior to handover and integration of equipment into MWCC’s existing response assets.
• Participate, as required, in Incident Management Team (IMT) trainings and drills.
• Manage small capital or opex projects related to facility repairs, upgrades and modifications.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (Other engineering/technical degrees will be considered depending on the experience of the individual)
• Minimum of 7 years of industry experience with 5+ years of direct experience working in an operating facility
• Experience managing small capital or opex projects related to facility repairs, upgrades and modifications
• Fundamental understanding of pumps, valves, pneumatic/hydraulic systems, heat exchangers and other applicable facilities and production equipment
• Plant maintenance support experience in petroleum midstream or downstream operations
• Onshore or offshore production surveillance support experience in petroleum upstream operations
• Has a strong results orientation and personal accountability
• Is a team player and has a collaborative working style
• Exhibits strong problem solving and decision-making skills
• Displays innovation with a curiosity and openness to new ideas
• Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
• Maintains effectiveness in a changing environment
• Visibly demonstrate the values of safety, integrity and excellence
• Experience using core project management skills including milestone, budget and schedule tracking
• Computer proficient (able to perform the skill with limited assistance) including Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, project, other databases and SAP
• Prior experience in process design of offshore oil and gas facilities.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
TRAVEL: 15% (Domestic)
Note: This Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Office Based Jobs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb stairs, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms close to and overhead of their body. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds.
Marine Well Containment Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran candidates.